Sunday, December 11, 2011

Presentation day

Madeleine
I loved your production at the start. The connection between Prospero and Pale fire seemed to work great but as is most of Nabokov.
Breanna
There were some great connections, the only comment I had was maybe the reason Nabokov didn't go with the circle is because it would be to perfect.
Sarah
You helped me answer my big question about your presentation about Bauchs relationship. I liked the idea of 3 melodies that contradict each other. I also could connect with the ideas of love and loss, Immortality of nature and the essence of beauty.

The second day I missed because I was sick which I am really sad about but can't wait to read the papers

Morgan
great idea, You are very talented
Isabel
I hope you look up more on Hazels role with Kinbote because I still don't know if I have figured that one out yet.
Maria
You brought up a way of thinking of the book In a way I have never thought of. I liked your epiphany to because that is what I am writing my paper about.
Dustin
I love the idea that infinity is more simple than the finite and that the work of art is the only finite thing. I had one question on if and how we can ever reach the finite or what the point or role of it is.

Shelby
I love your roma tic marriage of love and Infinity. I found the idea that Kinbote commits suicide at the end of the book really interesting and it helped me with my paper. In the end of the book it seemed like Nabokov took over in Kinbotes place.
James
I love the idea of Zembla as being the genuine Northern land. Your talk helped me a lot rethink the idea of Anabasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment