Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fighting what I once knew

Reading Bizz' blog and knowing that Shade is not a real person than everything that I thought to be obvious goes out the window by default.
There was however a syllogism on page twenty one in the poem that interested me and added on to Bizz' discovery. "other men die; but I am not another; therefore I'll not die."
It is an amazing thought that just because Shade is not a real person does that mean that he is not real. It is also interesting to think about the fact that writing gave Shade life, but aslo a life without death at least in the sense of death we are accustomed to. This brought me to the statement farther down the page that made me question the meaning of life. "Life is a message scribbled in the dark. Anonymous." This statement makes me think that life does have meaning. But we can neither know what or who is creating the meaning or see that meaning. I have one more question to challenge what it is we know is obviously true. If Shade is not a real person, well not real in the sense that we can not physically touch him like other human beings, then how has this poem seem so powerful? If we think of the book as system them we should find the starting point and the connection between the points in the system. I have a feeling that Shade and Kinbote both have a point real or not real. A system seems to be life that is wrote on that cave wall in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment